Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Trying again for an answer.

It is not a VBA generated message. You would need to know the specifics of
the source error criteria to know how to avoid it.

"Sarah" wrote in message
I have macros running in excel which massage data created by Live Office
(Business Objects Queries.) Every time a macro tries to edit the data
returned by the query I am hounded by a message which says, "The
value(s)that
came from a BusinessObjects Enterprise data source has just been
edited/deleted. Do you want to proceed with the change?".

"With most popup messages I just use the displayalerts statement to get
around it. That does not work for this message which specifically
addresses
the Live Office edits. Does anyone know how to suppress it. I have
discovered that if the file created by the query is saved as an older
version
of excel and then resaved it as the new version, the messages do not
appear,
however it is a bit embarassing to have to ask a user to remember to
execute
such a cluge.