Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
yeshoney yeshoney is offline

Default Workbook_Open - AutoCorrect Routine Doesn't Work

Dave Peterson wrote on 03/09/2009 08:04 ET :
I don't have another guess.

wrote:

On 6 Mar, 19:10, Dave Peterson wrote:
Did you try the 1 second delay?

Did it work?

Hi Dave,

Sorry no, it made no difference.

Dave Peterson

I found this thread looking for a solution for the same problem. I know whats
going on but cant solve the issue. Adding to ACL when opening the workbook
works, even if you dont see it later on. The problem is it is adding the
entries to the list in a language that is not the language I use for editing.
My Office-2007 is set to display UI in english but is set to use spanish for
editing. When Excel starts, the editing language is still english (my guess is
it is set to the language of the UI). The routine to add to ACL adds to my
english list, not to my spanish list. Later on, as soon as data is entered into
a cell for example, excel internally makes the switch to spanish. If then I use
VBA to add to ACL, it adds to the spanish list.

Adding a Wait doesnt help.. it is not a matter of time. It is a matter of
steps: when does the switch from one language to the other occur.

So far I have not been able to use VBA to tell excel to make to switch NOW.

Not only that: What if you really want to add to the list in a couple
different languages?