Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS GS is offline

Default Display a filtered list in a "rolodex" format

Assuming your combobox contains vendor names:
I suggest you keep the combobox to give your solution the dynamic
aspect it offers if your client doesn't want to have to cycle through
the records one by one to get to the record the client wants. The
combobox will allow entering the first character of the vendor's name
repeatedly until the correct name displays.

I think Rick's suggestion to put the filtered data into a textbox is
the best way to go for that. I would use the same concept he suggests
for your 'next' and 'previous' buttons, but tie the indexing to the
combobox and put the code that fills the textbox into its Change event.

The result would be that wether the client uses the buttons or the
combobox to display records, the form will always be syncronized to the
current record being viewed.

You could also do similar with a listbox for the vendor names because
it uses the same indexing as a combobox does. Keep in mind that the
index base for combobox/listbox is zero, and so must be accounted for
in your code for retrieving the data.

HTH
Garry
--