Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display a filtered list in a "rolodex" format

Without seeing your actual layout, it is hard to give you a specific,
focused answer; however, if I understand your question correctly, I would
consider using a UserForm with TextBox to display the various information
for a single vendor. You would also, of course, have two command buttons,
one to move to the previous record, one to move to the next record. All the
action would take place in the two buttons' Click events. You would have an
Index variable that would be incremented or decremented at the beginning of
the appropriate button's Click event and then you would follow that with
Range assignments to each TextBox using the Index variable as an offset from
the first record. Something like this...

TextBox1.Value = Range("A2").Offset(Index).Value
TextBox2.Value = Range("D2").Offset(Index).Value

Don't forget to check the Index variable so it doesn't go below 0 or above
then count of the number of TextBox'es there are.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"pb100" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a client who has a list of vendor contact information. They would
like to be able to filter the list by category and have each contact show
up
in a rolodex type of format. I am able to have the list filter
dynamically
with a combo box control but how could I display one contact at a time
with
next and previous buttons that would show only the filtered results? Been
wracking my brain trying to come up with a solution the last few days.
Tried
Data forms but their data has more than 32 columns and the client really
wants a nicely formatted result. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!