Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mik Mik is offline

Default Choose which cell to paste data

On 8 May, 16:49, "Don Guillett" wrote:
Try this. Select the cell to copyfire the macroselect the paste cellmacro
finishes job

Sub copytoselectionSAS()
Selection.Copy Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _
*"Select your copy cell", Title:="SalesAid Software", Type:=8)
*With ActiveCell
* * .Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
* * .ClearContents
* * .ClearComments
* * .UnMerge
End With

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Mik" wrote in message

Using VBA, I have copied the contents / comments / color etc.. of a
particular cell (single or merged), and wish to manually select (using
mouse pointer) which cell to paste the data.

So, I guess the VBA code should pause / stop until a new cell is
chosen and confirmed.
Is this posible?

My code so far is....

Private Sub CommandButton4_Click()
' MOVE data
Dim Answer As String
Dim MyNote As String
MyNote = "Move selected data?"
Answer = MsgBox(MyNote, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "For Confirmation")
If Answer = vbNo Then
* *Exit Sub
End If
Selection.Copy
With ActiveCell
* *.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
* *.ClearContents
* *.ClearComments
* *.UnMerge
End With
MsgBox ("Please select new cell, where data will be copied to. ")

?????????????

ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Thanks in advance.
Mik- Hide quoted text -

Thank you both for your reply.....

The cells that are being copied / moved can sometimes have a border
along one of it's edges (left or right, depending on it's location).
When i run your code, the borders also copy across to the new
location.

I don't want this to happen.
I have tried utilising the 'PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteAllExceptBorders' routine, but i get errors.
Possibly entering it wrong.

Can you please assist?

Thanks
Mik