Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
M. Byford[_2_] M. Byford[_2_] is offline

Default Edit Query

I have finally got the macro working. I had to break it back out into the
lengthier code as I was having trouble identifying errors using the compacted
SelectSQL & GroupSQL.
I am in the process of adding an InputBox so that the month end period can
be updated when required by the user.
It has taken hours of work to get here but it does feel good.
I couldn't have done it without your help (I probably would have just given
up on it as a bad idea) so thank you for you time & patience

"joel" wrote:

Great News. I hate doing SQL with Queries because the error messagge
are so vague. I either use the ADO to connect to a database (error
messages are a little better, only a little). the other trick I use
which may not be very easy in your SQL is to use the Query Editor. Once
You get your simple query you can use the Query Editor by selecting any
cell where data has been returned. Then go to the Data menu and you
will see the edit query option enabled. In the query editor there is a
SQL button that opens a new window. Yo can acutall type in any query
you want and the eidtor will tell you if your SQL is valid and return
data into the window.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229