Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default How to programme this??

Thomasss wrote:
Hey everyone.

I need to make af program for our school, where we are going to play bingo.
How do I get excel to do the following;

Lets say a player has the following numbers;
Line 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Line 2: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Line 3: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Then we play for 1 line, then 2 lines, and the full board. Then I want excel
to tell med how many players, that have how many numbers, or just the one
with the most numbers. Example: if we draw number 1, 2 and 8, then I want
excel to tell med that there is a player that has 2 numbers in one line. And
when we play for the full board, I want it to tell me when someone has bingo,
all 15 numbers. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help i appriciatet.

You seem to have the idea of bingo almost backwards. The bingo cards are
designed by construction so that on average most people will be close to
a full house before anyone ever shouts bingo. And you can generally rely
on the players to shout out when they think they have won. It is more
important to be able to check that they have not made a mistake.

Designing bingo cards so that almost everyone thinks they have nearly
won the game is actually an interesting problem.

To do what you want the computer will need to know the numbers on every
bingo card that is in play and also all the numbers drawn so far. It
could be programmed easily enough by iterating through for matches.

I don't think Excel is the ideal tool for this job.

Regards,
Martin Brown