Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bk bk is offline

Default Running Excel 12.0 Application on Office 2003

After literally 30 hours of internet search I am asking for help....

I have developed an application in VS2005 + Excel 12.0 (Office 2007). Now,
I learn that some of the client machines will have Excel 11.0 (Office 2003)
and my application will not work.

I have read all about PIAs (2003 and 2007). It seems that If I develop the
application using 11.0, it will work with 12.0. However, how do I do that?
I cannot going to uninstall Office 2007 and install Office 2003 on my
development machine. If I install PIA 2003 on my development machine, I can
reference "Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library", but not the excel
Libraries. Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel still references "Microsoft Excel
12.0 Object Library".

The closest I got to was in this thread :

http://objectmix.com/dotnet/104361-e...03machine.html

Does anyone have any known and proven solutions?

Thanks in advance.