Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Ramage Dave Ramage is offline

Default Code to save Word-document do not work properly

Depending on your local settings, Date & " " & Time will add some illegal
characters into the file name. Try something like this:
Navn = Navn & " " & Format(Date + Time,"dd_mm_yy hh_mm")

Cheers,
Dave

"jkrons" wrote:

I have this code:

Sub Flet()

Dim Wdapp As Object
Dim Navn As String

On Error Resume Next
Set Wdapp = GetObject(, "Word.application")
If Err.Number < 0 Then
Set Wdapp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
End If

For Each c In Range("A2:A200")
Wdapp.Documents.Add "flet.dot"
If c.Value = "" Then Exit For Else
Navn = c.Value

.... A lot of code for replacing bookmarks

Navn = Navn & " " & Date & " " & Time
Wdapp.ActiveDocument.SaveAs Filename:="C:\test\" & Navn &
".docx"
Wdapp.ActiveDocument.Close
Next c

Wdapp.Visible = False
MsgBox "Merge has completede and the documents are saved in C:
\Test", vbOKOnly + vbInformation
Wdapp.Quit
Set Wdapp = Nothing

End Sub

The code is supposed to make a document for each used line in the
specified range, and save the document in C:\Test, and when all the
documents are saved, it should tell me so.

If i comment out :

Navn = Navn & " " & Date & " " & Time

it works as supposed, but as soon as I try to add a date-time stamp to
the name it starts to display the SaveAs Dialog for each document,
suggesting I save them in MyDocuments. And when I click Cancel to
these dialogs, it asks me if I want to close the document without
saving.

Any ideas what goes wrong?

Jan
.