Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default using VLOOKUP in a text box

I created a small userform -- two textboxes and a commandbutton.

This was the code behind the userform:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim res As Variant
Dim LookUpRng As Range

If Me.TextBox1.Value = "" Then
Beep
Exit Sub
End If

Set LookUpRng = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:B")

'look for a text match 123-124-1235
res = Application.VLookup(Me.TextBox1.Value, LookUpRng, 2, False)
If IsError(res) Then
If IsNumeric(Me.TextBox1.Value) Then
'look for a number match
res _
= Application.VLookup(Val(Me.TextBox1.Value), LookUpRng, 2, False)

If IsError(res) Then
'not found either way
res = "No Match!"
End If

Me.TextBox2.Value = res

End Sub

Andrew wrote:

Hello,
I have a user form with textbox1 and textbox2. I want to enter a
phone number into textbox1, and then I want textbox2 to be populated
from another sheet based on the value in textbox1, just like a lookup
table. So the name of the person whose phone number is in textbox1
will appear in textbox2. Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks

--

Dave Peterson