Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BillP BillP is offline

Default Change fill color of cell

The contents of cells b2:bn2 are text, letters A thru E, corresponding to
the correct letter in multiple choice answers.
Sorry for not including in original post.
Bill
"BillP" wrote in message
Hello,
Excel 2k on Vista 64 bit.
I have a range of cells (b2:bn2) in a row that are answers to a quiz. In
the same cells below are the answers with a different quiz participant in
each row. I would like to change the background of the cells that do not
match the answers in b2:bn2. I have used conditional formatting and
accomplished this task, however, I would also like to total the wrong
answers in column "bo" for every row. I have found a bit of programming on
line but it doesn't work with conditional formatting. It does work when I
format the cells by hand. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your input.
Bill