Gord Dibben

For your own use?

See Help on "creating digital certificates" and check the section on
"SelfCert"

The following is from my own experience..........

You can create a digital certificate and use that on your VBAProject so only
that file with the certificate is allowed to be opened with no warning.

You can get to SelfCert either of these ways........

1. StartProgramsMicrosoft OfficeTools"Digital Certificate for VBA
Projects"

2. Open Windows Explorer and drill down to your Office folder. Find
SelfCert.exe and run it.

This certificate is good only on your computer but can be used for more than
one file.

Once the certificate has been created and with your file open, go to the
VBEditor and select your VBAproject/file.

ToolsDigital SignatureChoose. Select the Certificate you just created.

OK your way out and save your file.

Next time you open this particular file you will not get the warning.

NOTE: DC's are not available for Excel 97

If you still have trouble with this, post back and we can walk through adding
a selfcert to the trusted certificates store via Windows Microsoft Management
Console.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:20:18 -0800, ".:mmac:." <lost@sea wrote:

How do I digitally sign a macro so I don't get the warning when it opens?
I'm using Office 2003