Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Minor puzzle: some UDF calls respect mixed case, others insist on lower case

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:28:45 -0400, "JLGWhiz"
wrote:

Check your code for the UDF. If you used lower case within the code, it
might be VBA doing the conversion, rather than Excel. I know that I have
been surprised a few times by certain object variables turning up in a
differenct case than originally declared.

As I said in my post, the UDF names are in mixed case (see below).

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
.. .
I have a bunch of UDFs that I have used for years hundreds of times in
several workbooks. The names of the UDFs in the add-in modules are
coded in mixed case (RayleighMean, RndTallyLog, & ExpSF).

Up until a few days ago, whenever I would code a UDF call in a cell
(=ExpSF(...)), Excel would change the name to lower case
(=expsf(...)). I recall trying repeatedly to get Excel to leave it in
mixed case.

A few days ago, I wrote a new UDF called FmtTime. I just noticed that
all of the calls to this one function are in mixed case just like I
entered them. In fact, if I try to change it to all lower case
(fmttime), Excel changes it back to FmtTime.

What the heck is going on?

Excel is like a lot of girlfriends I've had...can't live with them or
without them.