Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rich Locus Rich Locus is offline

Default Enable Spelling Check

Hello:

I researched your request, and reviewed some of the MVP responses from past
years on this issue. The spreadsheet MUST be unlocked to do a spell check,
but here was a suggestion from one MVP... create a "Spell Check" button and
use this macro (again, this came from another MVP):

Sub SpellCheckIt()
Sheets("Sheet1").Unprotect "password"
ActiveSheet.CheckSpelling
Sheets("Sheet1").Protect "password"

Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Accesshelp" wrote:

Hello all,

I have an Excel file that password-protects the worksheets and workbook.
Due to the password-protecting the worksheets, the Spelling option under
Tools menu is not available.

Could someone help me with a code to have the Spelling option enabled while
the worksheets are password-protected?

Thanks.