Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Does IsMissing only work with Variants?

You could have mentioned that you tried to look it up and that your help
files were not working... we tend to try to direct questioners to the help
files in those cases where the help files provides a complete answer. Here
is an link to the online IsMissing help file...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=VS.60).aspx

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:49:13 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:

Methinks someone did not read the help files for IsMissing... <g

When I click on the Help button from the VBA IDE, I get "This page is
not available". It's been that way for quite a few days.

I also searched online for "VBA IsMissing" and "VBA Optional
Arguments" and a few others. I could not find anywhere that it
mentioned anything about IsMissing and datatypes.

I finally found something on VB.Net (which I am not running) about
IsMissing not being supported and it showed an example of assigning a
default value on the Function statement:

Function Temp(Optional abc As Single = 1)

That fixed the problem.

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful....not