Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Does IsMissing only work with Variants?

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:49:13 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:

Methinks someone did not read the help files for IsMissing... <g

When I click on the Help button from the VBA IDE, I get "This page is
not available". It's been that way for quite a few days.

I also searched online for "VBA IsMissing" and "VBA Optional
Arguments" and a few others. I could not find anywhere that it
mentioned anything about IsMissing and datatypes.

I finally found something on VB.Net (which I am not running) about
IsMissing not being supported and it showed an example of assigning a
default value on the Function statement:

Function Temp(Optional abc As Single = 1)

That fixed the problem.

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful....not