Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default Is there a way to speed up Calculation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read occasionally that SUMIF is much faster than SUMPRODUCT.
Substituting SUMIF where possible may cut your recalculation time.

This link is all about optimization:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Ayo" wrote:

I have this line of code in my macro: Wks.Range("G3:GA732").Calculate

This line of code takes over an hour to execute. The range is all
SUMPRODUCT formulae and I have to run the report daily. It takes about 2
hours to run the report. 90% of that is spent executing the "Calculate" code
above.

What I need to know is this, is there a way to speed-up the Calculating
operation or am I stuck with this?
Thanks