Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ordnance1[_2_] ordnance1[_2_] is offline

Default Check for other open workbooks

Thanks

here is my test code based on your reply: But I get an Invalid use of
Property error and it highlights .Count

Sub test()

Application.Workbooks.Count

If Application.Workbooks.Count = 0 Then

Application.Quit
End

End If

ThisWorkbook.Close False

Application.Workbooks.Count

If more than 1 then close current WB only

If only 1 then close WB and Application.Quit

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:57:10 -0700, "ordnance1"
wrote:

Thanks.

That will close the active workbook but I need to close Excel only if
there
are no other workbooks open.

"Suri" wrote in message
On Apr 28, 10:30 pm, "ordnance1" wrote:
I was using the line below at the end of my code and all was well.
Until
someone had other Excel workbooks open (besides the one I had created)
and
the code ran doing what it was supposed to do and closed excel
completely. I
do want the Excel to close down, but only if my workbook is the only
workbook open.

So is there any way to amend what I have to check for other open
workbooks,
and if there are any open the just close my workbook only?

Application.Quit

Try
Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close(SaveChanges:=Fals e)