Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Change cell font color when cell is clicked

My bet is that you had this:

If Not Intersect(...)) Is Nothing Then Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 5

All on one line in your code.

When you pasted it into the message, the line got wrapped nicely:

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("L2:M500")) Is Nothing Then
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 5
End if

And fixed the problem!

So hit enter after that Then and you'll be fine.

aileen wrote:

I'm trying to find code that will change the font color or interior color in
a cell when the cell is clicked once. Then when the color changes I need to
recalculate a formula from a different cell in the same row based on which
cell was chosen and had the color change.

I was trying the following code as a start but I am getting an "End If
without a Block If" error.

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("L2:M500")) Is Nothing Then
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 5

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson