Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard R[_2_] Richard R[_2_] is offline

Default How to limit number of Message Boxes on Validation Error?

Hi

I have the following code which highlights validation errors when a
user pastes into a range. The problem is that when a large amount of
data is pasted (with a suitably large n number of validation errors)
the msgbox has to be clicked n times before the corrections can be
made.

***Start Code***
Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Range)

Cells.ClearComments
Dim TempCell As Range
Dim rc As Interger

For Each TempCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If Not TempCell.Validation.Value Then
rc = MsgBox("Please ensure the circled data is entered correctly
(including formatting) and paste as values only", 16, "Data Validation
Error")

ActiveSheet.CircleInvalid

End If
Next

End Sub
**End Code***

Is it possible to have the message box appear once only but for all
erroneous cells to be circled?

I also have a problem with users pasting formatted cells into the
range but that's another problem :)

Thanks in advance.
(I'm a novice VBA user so please excuse my simplisitic approach)