Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
p45cal[_266_] p45cal[_266_] is offline

Default Floating Text Box in Excel 2K3/2K7

It's likely that
box
was assigned to be the textbox elsewhere in the code. In your case you
might do it within the same sub:

VBA Code:
--------------------

Dim box
Set box = Shapes("box")
Set xxx = ActiveWindow.VisibleRange
With xxx.Resize(, xxx.Columns.Count - 1)
box.Top = .Top
box.Left = .Left + .Width - box.Width
End With
End Sub

--------------------

Raymond W.;707981 Wrote:

I am wanting to create a floating text box in Excel 2003/2007 but am
currently stuck. The idea is that I will be able lock a text box with a

few
bullet points in the top right of the screen and that it will remain

visible
in that position regardless of where I scroll in the worksheet. Locking

cells
instead, or using Headers/Footers is not an option here.

For this purpose, the text box has a name of "Box". I found this code

online
(along with several other examples) and replaced the name of the text

box
with my own, but could not get it (or any other example) to work. The
following example gives the error "Method or Data member not found" and
highlights ".Box"...

Any help would be appreciated.

Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
With ActiveWindow.VisibleRange
Me.Box.Top = .Top
Me.Box.Right = .Right
End With