Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Mark is offline

Default How pass credentials to Access from Excel (for onward use)

Hi,
I have an Excel vba sub that uses ADODB to execute a saved query on Access.
The query runs on Access but requires the user to enter a Password (the
Access query is to a linked table to Sql Server).

What I want to do is to have a userform in excel that prompts the user for
credentials and then passes them to Access, that it may in turn use for its
query to SQL Server.
I.e. I want to avoid saving the password in Access.

is that possible?
thanks
mark