Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ordnance1 ordnance1 is offline

Default Self Closing MsgBox

Found this code below on-line, it is designed to close a file after it has
been open for a period time. The problem is that the MsgBox sits there
waiting for a reply. I want the MsgBoxes to display so the user will know
what is happening, but I would like them to display for only about 5 to 10
seconds and then disappear and the code to continue.

Dim Start, Finish, TotalTime, TotalTimeInMinutes, TimeInMinutes
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

TimeInMinutes = 6 'Timer is set for 180 minutes; change as needed.
If TimeInMinutes 5 Then
TotalTimeInMinutes = (TimeInMinutes * 60) - (5 * 60)
Start = Timer
Do While Timer < Start + TotalTimeInMinutes
DoEvents
Loop
Finish = Timer
TotalTime = Finish - Start
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
MsgBox "This file has been open for " & TotalTime / 60 & " minutes. You
have 5 minutes to save before Excel closes."
End If

Start = Timer
Do While Timer < Start + (5 * 60)
DoEvents