BenjieLop

Kate@AF Wrote:
Hi,

Can you help me here? - I would like to create a formula that
automatically
enters either the word "expired" or the word "current" into a column,
when it
looks up the date in another column. I would like this column to
automatically tell me whether that row is current or expired, based on
the
other column's date. If the date in the column is passed then my new
column
should say "expired", and if it is in the future then my new column
should
say "current".

I hope this is clear.

Thankyou
Kate

ASSUME that your dates are in the following cells:

A1 -- date that you want to compare with a date in another column
B1 -- this is the "date that is in the other column"

Your formula will be

=IF(A1B1,\"CURRENT\",\"EXPIRED\")

Hope this is what you need.

Regards.