Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul C Paul C is offline

Default VLOOKUP related question

Assuming that you are using an exact match Vlookup, you can use the Match
function to get the row position.

Cells(Worksheetfunction.match(VLookupValue,First Vllookup
column,0),datecolumn)=Now()
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Wyzzard" wrote:

I have two worksheets. The first worksheet is data that is updated daily. The
second worksheet is a static list of data that is referenced to give
instructions for the daily data. For example, the daily data might have
something called Vers1. Using VBA it is set up so that when a button on the
first worksheet is pressed, it calls VLOOKUP against the data in worksheet 2
and finds out that Vers1 uses XYZ. Every version in the reference sheet isn't
used every day and they occasionally become obsolete.

What I would like to do is have a column on the second reference sheet that
would have the current date placed into each cell if that Version was used
that day to help track the last used date.

Is there any way to find out what the row location is for a VLOOKUP match so
that I could just have something like Cell_location(VLOOKUP_Row, Date_Column)
= Now()

Hopefully that makes sense...

Thanks