Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jerry jerry is offline

Default folder picker

On Apr 12, 1:18*pm, Chip Pearson wrote:
You could use the BrowseForFolder Windows API dialog instead. Seehttp://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BrowseFolder.aspxfor details and
example code.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
* * * * Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLCwww.cpearson.com

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:32:29 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
wrote:

I am using msoFileDialogFolderPicker for helping the users selected a
folder. I want the file name to be request.txt thus am giving the user
only to select thefolder. Is there anyway i can hide thefoldername
text box and force the users to double click and select thefolder.

Few users think thefoldername is file name and end up typing file
name and call support when it gives an error.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you. How do I give the option to create a new folder by using
this code?