Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MikeL MikeL is offline

Default Converting a number (17 characters) to text (Scientific Notation)

Heres my dilemma and challenge€¦

€¦ This is through Automation€¦

Im receiving an XML file that has excel formatting€¦

Its very easy to import, the problem comes in when I import large numbers
(17 €“ 20 characters long)€¦ They should be imported as text, but they are
importing as numbers, so they appear as scientific notation€¦ When I go to
create a file from the data, the numbers are being written in the scientific
notation and not as text€¦

I am unable to control the content of the XML file. I do know the number is
in a certain column€¦

Also, when I double click on a cell, I can edit it and place a single quote
and it will store the number correctly€¦ But, when I do it through automation,
it wont convert€¦

We are using excel 2003€¦ In the process of upgrading to 2007, but wont be
for another 6 months€¦

Fustrating...

Your help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Michael