Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Sheet delete event

I was thinking that you should be able to use the SheetDeactivate event for
the workbook with a public variable to track the sheet count, but I couldn't
get it to work in the first couple of tries in xl03. First it did not
recognize the deletion by code as a deactivate event, then when I added
Select to force it to recognize the change, it gave me an erroneous count on
the sheets. So, I gave up on that approach.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2007, Win 7
I have a bunch of sheets, each named a person's name. I have a list of
these names that I use in a DV cell. When the user deletes one of these
sheets, I would like for the list to be changed to reflect that sheet
deletion. How can I capture the event of a sheet deletion? Thanks for
your time. Otto