Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
perf perf is offline

Default .insertlines automation error excel crash

Hi,
yes yes, I only write lines if the module is empty, otherwise I delete all
lines and then I write them.
your link was useful, and I made some change in the code, that (apparently
without reason) allowed me to write in the sheet1 module if the module is
originally empty.
But I still have that problem if the module is not empty: after deleting the
rows, as soon as I try to write in the module, there is the automation error.

moreover, I am noticing that the SAVE command is not working properly with
..xls. Sometimes it saves the fresh code in the module, sometimes not.
randomly.

this is sooooo unpredictable... not good at all : (

thanks
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You may find something here.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

I've not done anything like what you are doing, but I wonder if you already
have some lines in the code module and are trying to insert lines where some
already exist. Have you checked that?
--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt

"perf" wrote:

Hi,
I'm having a quite strange problem in a VBA macro that I made that is
driving me crazy. First of all, I am using Excel 2003.
Well, when I try to insert lines of code in vba worksheet "sheet1", I always
get an Automation Error that causes the restart of excel.
The precise error is:
"Automation Error. connection to type library or object library for remote
process has been lost. Press OK for dialog ot remove reference."

The error always happens at the SECOND insertline instruction (the first
line in sheet1 is written correctly) in the following code:

----...----

Set VBCodeModmej =
ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents(ActiveWorkbo ok.Worksheets("Sheet1").CodeName).CodeModule
VBCodeModmej.InsertLines 1, "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal
Target As Range) "
VBCodeModmej.InsertLines 2, "Dim Touched As Range"
VBCodeModmej.InsertLines 3, "Dim void As String"
etc etc

---...---

Note that with Office 2007 this never happens ...!

I tried the following things, read here and there for the network (I tried
them one at a time ...):
-Put option explicit: useless
-Put on error resume next: useless
-Put Instead of 'private sub' the string 'sub': useless
-Put Application.EnableEvents = True: useless
-Put Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10") before the Set line:
useless

Can you help me somehow?

Thank you so much right now

Mark