Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ernietan ernietan is offline

Default Filter with criteria!

hello. it doesnt work for me. All return 0 as value. Is there something wrong?
--
help me

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

With data in Sheet1; Sheet2 cellB2 enter the below formula and copy
down/across as required

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$B$1:$B$100=B$1)*(Sheet1!$A$1: $A$100=$A2))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"ernietan" wrote:

Worksheet 1:
A B
Apple Jan
Orange Jan
Banana Jan
Apple Feb
Orange Jan
Apple Mar

Worksheet 2:

A B C D
Jan Feb Mar
Apple 1 1 1
Orange 2 0 0
Banana 1 0 0

I need formulaes to auto calculate the number of apples, oranges, banana
from worksheet 1 and the month which they are from and the data should be
shown in worksheet 2 as shown above.

Thanks!
--
help me

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Post few examples to show how your raw data is arranged.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"ernietan" wrote:

Hello!

I have 2 woorksheet. One contains raw data one is a summary sheet.

In the raw data shhet, under the "catergory" column, I need to count and
filter out all the Apples" in this column. The challege is , the number of
apples counted should be from Jan, Feb and Mar respectively.

Results counted must be shown in the second worksheet in Column A, B and C
respectively, representing Jan Feb and Mar.

Can I have the formulae for this ?Thank you..
--
help me