Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ozgrid.com ozgrid.com is offline

Default DELETE A RANGE NAME IF EXISTS

Step through this code with F8 and hover over "nName.Name" to ensure the
names matches the pattern

Sub DeleteNames()
Dim nName As Name

For Each nName In ThisWorkbook.Name
If nName.Name Like "fnd_gfm*" _
Then nName.Delete
Next nName

Regards
Dave Hawley
www.ozgrid.com
"Simon" wrote in message
Thanks Lynn
I have tried this but it doesnt seem to work.
The code runs OK, but names are still there.

"B Lynn B" wrote:

I just stole my earlier snippet from something I had working in a
particular
situation that suited my own purpose. But after looking a little closer,
it
would be better and more flexible like this...

Dim myName as Name
Dim wb as Workbook
Set wb = Workbooks("WorkbookToLookIn.xls") '(or whatever yours is
named)

For Each myName In wb.Names
If Left(myName.Name, 8) = "fnd_gfm_" Then
MyName.Delete
End if
Next

"B Lynn B" wrote:

Dim myName as String

For Each myName In ActiveWorkbook.Names
If Left(myName.Name, 8) = "fnd_gfm_" Then
ActiveWorkbook.Names(myName).Delete
End if
Next

adjust as needed if not active workbook...

"Simon" wrote:

Hi
I have a macro that imports data from a text file and creates a new
range
name every time.
fnd_gfm_1
I need some code to delete this range name if it exists.
Note that the 1 can change depending on how many times the macro has
run, so
the code needs to delete fnd_gfm_*

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks