Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Sort issue Sort Of

Please recheck the way you've described the problem. You say names are in
A1, B1, C1, D1 and E1. Then you say when C1 is deleted you want D1 and E1 to
"move up". There is no "up" from row 1. And since if only C1 were deleted,
D1 and E1 would still have names in them, so you couldn't move D2:D# and
E2:E# up without it overwriting the current contents of D1 and E1.

Also, give us some before and after examples and we may be able to help you.

"ordnance1" wrote:

I have cells A1, B1, C1, D1 and E1 each contains a name. What I need to do
is, if the contents of say cell C1 is deleted the I need the contents of
cells D1 and E1 to move up. It is critical that that the name remain in the
same order (there by precluding a normal sort). So this would have to work
regardless of which cell(s) are cleared.