Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rodels Rodels is offline

Default Visual Basic in a shared workbook

Hi Dave,
Many thanks for the reply.

If I remove the shared option from the workbook and run it in "stand alone"
mode - everything works perfectly.

There must be something going on that shared environments don't like.

I am making extensive use of dynamic range creation, data manipulation
across sheets and various other functions that involve sheet protection etc.

Are there specific functions that Shared books don't like? I say again -
everything works perfectly in a single mode environment.

Using 2007 with all Service Packs installed.

Many thanks again!

Kind regards,
Robert
--
Kind regards,
Robert

Rodels! Creating weapons of Maths Destruction since 2003.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you can copy the code from the shared workbook's project to another
workbook. Then tweak that code so that it works against the workbook/worksheets
you want (no references to ThisWorkbook!).

Then run the code from this "helper" workbook.

Rodels wrote:

Hi everyone,
I have written some rather complex code to be used in a shared workbook that
can be updated by multiple users.

All works fine until I share the Workbook..

I am getting 1004 errors but can't access the code to debug it as the VBA is
unavailable in a shared workbook.

I don't really have a question other than - how can I debug that which I
can't see?

Kind regards,
Robert
--