Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jazz Jazz is offline

Default Insert formula even cells with data below it

Wow Dave this code is phenomenal; thank you. I also appreciate your advice
for carrying out this procedure manually. Thank you very very much!

Ah ha! i knew I needed more quotes but I was putting them in the wrong
spots, thank you for clarifying that. Everything has been very helpful. I
am grateful for your help.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you're going to fill a range with a formula that is essentially the same for
all the cells, you can use this technique when you do it manually:

Select the range to get the formula
Type the formula with respect to the activecell
hit ctrl-enter to fill the range with that (adjusted) formula.

Excel will adjust the formula -- just like if you had copied and pasted.

Instead of plopping the formula into almost 40000 cells, I used column A to
determine the last row to get the formula.

Option Explicit
Sub Insertformula()

Dim LastRow As Long

With ActiveSheet
'I used column A to find the last row

.Range("B4:B" & LastRow).Formula _
= "=IF(OR(I5="""",J5=""""),""""," _
& "NETWORKDAYS(I5,J5,Holidays!A$1:A$39)-1)"
End With

End Sub

The other thing that's important is to double up those doublequotes in the
formula.

Jazz wrote:

Using this code

Sub Insertformula ()
For Check = 4 To 40000 Step 2
If Cells(Check, "b") < "" Then Cells(Check, "b") =
"=IF(OR(I5="",J5=""),"",NETWORKDAYS(I5,J5,Holidays !A$1:A$39)-1)"
Next Check
End Sub

My objective is to put this formula

=IF(OR(I5="",J5=""),"",NETWORKDAYS(I5,J5,Holidays! A$1:A$39)-1)

Into every even cell in Column B with data below it. However if you tried
the macro you would see it does not work. If I could get any help thank you.

--

Dave Peterson
.