Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Need To Protect "Tab code"

You can protect all the code (the entire workbook's project, actually), by:

Opening your workbook
Open the VBE (alt-f11 is a quick way to get there)
Show the project explorer (ctrl-r)
Select your project

Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab

Give it a nice (memorable!) password.

Back to excel
Save, close, and reopen the workbook to test.

Be aware that like most passwords everywhere, there are ways of cracking it.

GEdwards wrote:

I have code within a tab, for example a "Private Sub
Worksheet_SelectionChange...". I was suprised that although I PROTECT the
worksheet with a password, the code within the tab is still accessible and be
modified.

How can this too be protected from anyone updating it?

--

Dave Peterson