Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Find date

Hi All,

I have two ranges of dates, both one's width is one column in which dates
are created by =DATE() functions. In the first range cells are formatted like
"yyyy.mm.dd", in the 2nd one like "mmmm d.".
In a macro I have a date variable DateToFind created by a DateSerial()
function.

I used
Range("first range").Find(What:=DateToFind ).Row 0

to check if DateToFind is included in first range and it worked.
For the second range it gave a Type mismatch error, and i had to modify the
Find line like this to make it work:
Range("first range").Find(What:=Format(DateToFind , "mmmm d.")).Row 0

I can't find out what is the cause of this error, because both the range I
search in and the value I want to find are real Excel date values (numbers),
only the display format is different. In other words: why does Excel find the
numeric value of the date in the first range and why the display format
string in the second string?

--
Regards!
Stefi