Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Find Text String

Here is how I interpreted your post. If a cell in column C does not contain
characters "HA" nor "HVB" then exit the macro, otherwise check the next
cell. Repeat the process untill all cells in column C are checked.
If that is correct then try the code below.

Dim WB As Workbook, sh As Worksheet
Dim i As Integer
Set WB = Workbooks("ABC.xls")
Set sh = ActiveSheet
With WB
For i = 2 To sh.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
If InStr(sh.Cells(i, 3), "HA") = 0 Then
x = x + 1
End If
If InStr(sh.Cells(i, 3), "HVB") = 0 Then
y = y + 1
End If
If x + y = 0 Then
MsgBox "Not Found"
Exit Sub
Else
x = 0
y = 0
End If

Next i
End With

"Len" wrote in message

It fails after several attempts, I try to work out VBA codes that help
to find the existence of text string "HA" and "HVB" in C column of
Sheet1and if anyone of text string not found, it will exit

Codes below to find text string " HA " and " HVB" in every row of
column C under sheet1 based on the following conditions : -
1) if "HA" not matched any part of substring in C column, exit sub
with message box " HA not found" or
2) if "HVB" not matched any part of substring in C column, exit sub
with message box " HVB not found"

E.g

Dim WB As Workbook
Dim i As Integer
Set WB = Workbooks("ABC.xls")
For i = 2 To WB.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
If Cells(i, 3).Text Like "*HA*" Then
MsgBox "HA not found - process end"
Exit Sub
Elseif Cells(i, 3).Text Like "*HVB*" Then
MsgBox "HVB not found - process end"
Exit Sub
End If
Next i

Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance

Regards
Len