Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Another Easy Question

Which returns 37984000

Not 100037984

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:09:01 -0700, Shane Devenshire
wrote:

Hi,

I appologize if this has been covered, since I didn't read all the responses.

No macro necessary:
1. Enter 1000 in a blank cell and copy that cell
2. Select the range A4:A40, F4:F40 and choose Edit, Paste Special, Multiply

You can record that and it will run far faster than a loop.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"MovingBeyondtheRecordButton" wrote:

How do I take the value from each cell defined in the range("A4:A40,F4:F40")
and place 1000 before the value and give this new number a name.

Example:
Number in A4 is 37984
I want to use 100037984