Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Another Easy Question

Hi,

I agree that Range("A4:A40,F4:F40") would work but in my solution I did it
differently by using offset. I still don't understand what you mean by 'Num'
unless you create an array a variable can only have 1 value.

You loop through the range using the range object F. In my solution I used
F.value and while this is good practice using value isn't necessary because
value is the default property of a range object so we could get away with

For Each F In sht.Range("A4:A40")
If F < "" Then
F = 1000 & F
End If

To assign the value of F to a variable put 1000 in front of it and then
write ot back to the cell is simply not necessary and adds needless lines of
code.
--
Mike

question.

"MovingBeyondtheRecordButton" wrote:

I should have written the range as Range("A4:A40,F4:F40") since I am trying
to use the numbers listed in columns A and F cells 4 through 40.

What I meant by give it a name is...I used the name "Num" to represent the
number all the way down through the macro. So basically, I want to define
this number created after putting the 1000 in front and call it "Num".

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean by

and give this new number a name.

But this macro puts the 1000 in front of each number

Sub sonic()
Dim F As Range
Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1")
For Each F In sht.Range("A4:A40")

If F.Value < "" Then
F.Value = 1000 & F.Value
End If

If F.Offset(, 5).Value < "" Then
F.Offset(, 5).Value = 1000 & F.Offset(, 5).Value
End If
Next
End Sub

Mike

question.

"MovingBeyondtheRecordButton" wrote:

How do I take the value from each cell defined in the range("A4:A40,F4:F40")
and place 1000 before the value and give this new number a name.

Example:
Number in A4 is 37984
I want to use 100037984

I have tried...