Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Domenick Domenick is offline

Default Filter Table based on Cell Value

I have an Excel (2007) worksheet that is linked to an MS Access (2003) table.
When I refresh the data, the entire table comes over. I would like to filter
this data based on the value of a cell in a different worksheet (same
workbook) so that it only brings in the data for the specified value. I would
also like to specify which fields I want to bring in (like I said, the whole
table comes over).

Example: My Access table has daily transaction records and a "transaction
date" field. I would like to only bring in records that have a "transaction
date" that is equal to the date entered in cell "A1" of another worksheet. If
I change the date in cell "A1", I would like to bring in just the records for
the new date the next time I "Refresh All."

Is there a simple way to specify this in Excel or (if necessary) a VBA
solution? I don't see a place where I can specify a criteria for the records
that I want to bring in.

Thanks.