Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chechu Chechu is offline

Default Lookup value, but between dates

On Mar 24, 6:06*am, joel wrote:
Look at
Chip Pearson's website. *

'Excel Redirect' (http://www.cpearson.com)

I think you also want to look at the effective data to be the data
which is closest to the activity date since the price may change a
couple of times. *I cn easily do this with a macro but it appears you
are looking for a formula solution?

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Joel, thanks a lot for your time on this. The effective date indicates
when the new cost becomes available. Thus in the first sheet, I need
to lookup, for resource XX, the effective cost during the date where
the activity has been made.
I have no problem with the idea of a macro!! I just started with a
formula, since I might need to explain this to other people, and you
know, regular Excel users prefer to see how numbers are driven (even
if they don't understand the formula behind). But again, no problem
with a macro. I'll post in pbart answer what I habe been doing so far,
might help.
THANKS a lot!
Cecilia