David McRitchie

Hi Phil,

You can set the default interior color, the font color, and the fontsize in the
Control Panel (Display, Appearance, Tool Tip

For more information such as changing existing comments, see
Changing Font etc in cell comments (#font)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#font
---
HTH,

"philk" wrote in message ...
comments come up for some reason with a default text font size of 8 (maybe
it's 2 less than default text). How would I set the default to 12 while
leaving general default to 10? So what I want is for comment text to be
larger than text in cells.