Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
glenn glenn is offline

Default How to determine which sheets appear on opening a workbook.

Surperb. It works a treat. Many thanks

Glenn

"Gary Brown" wrote:

Give this a show Glenn...

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim wks As Worksheet

Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate

For Each wks In Worksheets
If wks.Name < "Sheet1" Then
wks.Visible = xlSheetHidden
End If
Next wks

Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Gary Brown

"Glenn" wrote:

Many thanks. Just tried it. It made the sheet I want active but, didn't
make it the only sheet visible which is my ultimate aim.

"ryguy7272" wrote:

No problem. Hit Alt+F11. Under Project-VBA Project, you will see a small
file named 'ThisWorkbook'. Double-click and copy/paste the following code
into the window that opens:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Example").Activate
End Sub

"Example" is the name of the worksheet that you want open when the workbook
opens, so change this to suit your specific needs.

--
Ryan---

"Glenn" wrote:

Is it possible to determine which sheets appear when a workbook is opened. I
have a workbook with a number of hidden sheets that are updated by me from
time to time and I would like them to start off hidden when the workbook is
opened by say, someone else on the network. I have toyed with the Workbook
Open in VB but to no avail. Many thanks

Glenn