Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric Eric is offline

Default How to code macro to disconnect internet connection?

When I am online, there is a monitor's icon to show online status, when I
disconnect the internet connection, I just right click this icon and select
disconnect, and this is what I want to do to disconnect the boardband
connection.
Do you know any trick to do it? which is not involve any IP or modem
hardware setting at all?
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

"joel" wrote:

Are you trying to shutdown the entire modem or just the IP address
where the files are located? I think you would have to shutdown the
modem. You would need to find the name of the process in the Task
Manager and kill the process. It is possible to go through the task
list of active processes and kill the particular process associated with
the modem. You would need to do this by using the
windows\system32\win32.dll

The website below has a similar request using a phone dialer. the code
accesses the Win32.dll using VBA library functions.

'How to terminate process with VBA? - Microsoft Access / VBA answers'
(http://tinyurl.com/y96yzfp)

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229