Chris Burgess

Great stuff - works a treat. Can't understand what the problem is, but very
many thanks for the workaround!

Cheers
Chris

"Jim Rech" wrote:

FWIW I found the actual XLT in this folder on my machine:

C:\Documents and Settings\jarech\Local Settings\Temp\TCDD6.tmp

I don't suppose you'll have better luck copying it from your temp file to
your templates folder but you might try it. Your templates folder would
probably be:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

--
Jim
"Chris Burgess" wrote in message
| Any of the 'Budget' templates - e.g. Personal Budget, Garden Budget etc.
| I've just tried opening the Balance Sheet template as well without any
| success so it must be some problem at this end. I'll try restarting the
PC.

| Chris
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I just tried it and you are right. It seems MS doesn't want you saving
the
| XLT locally. But the template I tried, the Balance Sheet, opened fine.
| have no idea why you crash but I don't think it's a cookie issue. Which
| template did you try to get?
|
| --
| Jim
| "Chris Burgess" wrote in
message
| | There is only a 'Download' button option on the Microsoft Excel
templates
| | pages which automatically opens Excel. You cannot Save by right
clicking
| the
| | button.
| |
| | Chris
| |
| | "Jim Rech" wrote:
| |
| | You should pick "Save" for the download, not "Open".
| |
| | --
| | Jim
| | "Chris Burgess" <Chris wrote in
| message
| | | When trying to download Excel templates from Microsoft Website, I
keep
| | | getting this error message:
| | |
| | | "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs
| close.
| | | We are sorry for the inconvenience."
| | |
| | | I am using Excel 2000. I believe my IE6 browser is set to accept
| cookies.
| | |
| | | I have ASAP Utilities installed, but should that make a
difference?
| | |
| | | Any help appreciated.
| | | Thanks