Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dennis Tucker Dennis Tucker is offline

Default How to open a workbook into a new Excel application

As I said before...

I have seen multiple instances of Excel running at the same time on one
machine. Here the normal instance was started by either double clicking the
file or the Excel icon. The next instance was started from a command
window.

See attached image. I was able to run multiple instances of Excel 2007.

However, if you setup a default Toolbar/CommandBar it will startup with each
instance.

You could use the Workbook_Open macro to prompt you for a selection of which
Toolbar/CommandBar to use.

Dennis

"Dennis Tucker" wrote in message
Alex,

Excel is an application. Normally Excel runs with only a single instance
of itself.

You can do OLE linking with programs like MS Word. This sort of runs
Excel inside Word.

I have seen multiple instances of Excel running at the same time on one
machine. Here the normal instance was started by either double clicking
the file or the Excel icon. The next instance was started from a command
window.

So I'm not to sure what you mean by opening a workbook in a new
application.

Dennis

"Alex St-Pierre" wrote in message
I'm wondering if there a way to open a workbook into a new application by
default. So, when you double-click the excel workbook, it will start in a
new
Excel application. I think about something in the Open event but I don't
know
how to cancel the process and restart it into an other application.
Thank you!
Alex
--
Alex St-Pierre