Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
u473 u473 is offline

Default Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroesformatted as text ???

Wooowww !!! You put me on the right track on checking content and
format.
The problem was trailing spaces in one of the two texts to compare.
I had the clue when I started comparing side by side the 2
spreadsheets with the same looking
numbers and obtaining a no match.
I then took a LEN of each cell content and I found that one was 10
characters long vs 8 for the other.
This was a vicious trick because you could not detect the difference
at first glance.
..
Now, how do replace the existing value with a Trim of that value to
remove the trailing spaces ?
Would the following syntax be correct ?
For Each RngCell In X
RngCell.Value = Trim(RngCell(Value)
res = Application.Match(RngCell.Value, IsMatch, 0)
Next RngCell
..
Thank you for your help,
J.P.