Chris Burgess

Any of the 'Budget' templates - e.g. Personal Budget, Garden Budget etc.
I've just tried opening the Balance Sheet template as well without any
success so it must be some problem at this end. I'll try restarting the PC.

Chris

"Jim Rech" wrote:

I just tried it and you are right. It seems MS doesn't want you saving the
XLT locally. But the template I tried, the Balance Sheet, opened fine. I
have no idea why you crash but I don't think it's a cookie issue. Which
template did you try to get?

--
Jim
"Chris Burgess" wrote in message
| There is only a 'Download' button option on the Microsoft Excel templates
| pages which automatically opens Excel. You cannot Save by right clicking
the
| button.
|
| Chris
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| You should pick "Save" for the download, not "Open".
|
| --
| Jim
| "Chris Burgess" <Chris wrote in
message
| | When trying to download Excel templates from Microsoft Website, I keep
| | getting this error message:
| |
| | "Microsoft Excel for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to
close.
| | We are sorry for the inconvenience."
| |
| | I am using Excel 2000. I believe my IE6 browser is set to accept
cookies.
| |
| | I have ASAP Utilities installed, but should that make a difference?
| |