Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default UDF Not working

You are setting the value of the parameter, not the function. Instead
of

strField = "HIST_Dir"

you should use
Test = "HIST_Dir"

Make this change for all instances of strField.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:33:01 -0700, Michael Arch
wrote:

This function should return the new string, but it returns Blank can anyone
explain why, and also tell me how to fix it and avoid similar issues in the
future. I tried using Select Case statement in my first attempt and it did
not work, so I figure I switch to If statements, but the result is the same a
blank.
Thanks in advance

Global strField As String

Sub Raul()

strField = "AP_Parts"
strField = Test(strField)

MsgBox (strField)

End Sub

Function Test(strField As String) As String

Dim FndException

strmval = UCase(strField)

If strmval = "NV_EQUIPMENT" Then
strField = "HIST_Dir"