Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default UDF Not working

Within the function the result should be assigned to Test which is declared
as string.

Try thebelow

Function Test(strField As String) As String

Select Case UCase(strField)
Case "NV_EQUIPMENT"
Test = "HIST_Dir"
Case "NV_PARTS"
Test = "HIST_Dir_Prt"
Case "AP_EQUIPMENT"
Test = "HIST_Dis"
Case "AP_PARTS"
Test = "HIST_Dis_Prt"
Case "GPL_EQUIPMENT"
Test = "HIST_Dis"
Case "STL_COMMON"
Test = "HIST_OTH"
End Select

End Function

--
Jacob

"Michael Arch" wrote:

This function should return the new string, but it returns Blank can anyone
explain why, and also tell me how to fix it and avoid similar issues in the
future. I tried using Select Case statement in my first attempt and it did
not work, so I figure I switch to If statements, but the result is the same a
blank.
Thanks in advance

Global strField As String

Sub Raul()

strField = "AP_Parts"
strField = Test(strField)

MsgBox (strField)

End Sub

Function Test(strField As String) As String

Dim FndException

strmval = UCase(strField)

If strmval = "NV_EQUIPMENT" Then
strField = "HIST_Dir"